Sunday, January 10, 2010

Lines I Love: The Things We Forget by Mark Wills

"I forgot how much I love that smell of the dirt fresh off the plow;
That tailgate rattle, tires on gravel, I sure do love that sound.
And I can't believe I spent so many years I spent runnin' from this.
It's slow and it's small and it's life at a crawl but it's everything I miss.

Where we come from,
Where we're goin';
How to live right here in the moment;
How to love somebody,
Let 'em love you back;
When to let go and cry,
When to lighten' up and laugh;
Slow it all and take a long deep breath,
Man the things we forget.

Then I pulled off that old river road and I looked back at my life:
At the long lost friends and the might have been loves I told goodbye.
Then I lay back on my truck hood and I pondered why we're here.
If you stare long enough at the heavens above man it all gets crystal clear.

Man the things we forget.

No comments: